Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bueller........Bueller.........

I'm leading a small group for my church and sometimes I wonder how effective I really am. I'll ask a question and then there's dead silence. I feel like going Bueller......Bueller....? (Reference Ferris Bueller's Day Off) I realize I need to be patient but I begin to feel ineffective and the need to fill the uncomfortable silence. Sometimes someone will come in and save me. I'll feel better temporarily but then the same thing happens again later. I want so badly to be a good leader and to show those in my group the great things God can do for you. You have to have faith. Some people have more than others but, as long as you have some, I think you're ok. I suppose I have to have faith that God will use me as he will to reach people.

No comments: