Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Never try to out stubborn a cat

lolcats funny cat pictures
This is what I feel like people say to me when I'm talking. Perhaps I have communications issues. Perhaps they have communications issues. Anyway you look at it, there's a communications issue.
It's the holiday's and I'm REALLY trying to be festive. However, being festive is really TRYING. People tell me to put up a tree, I'll feel better. I look at it like, if I put up this tree, I'm going to have to take it down and put it away in January. Why give myself more work to do? I don't feel like doing anything anyway. AAAHHHH, the sweet surrender to sleep.
Sleeping would be much better if my bed weren't covered in junk. I need to clean my room. If I'm having difficulties cleaning up my room, who's to say this Christmas tree won't be up in April.
People make me mad. They take one thing that you said completely out of context and apply it to everything that you attempt to do in your life. You wonder why I said :
I wish I could be like a little kid. They play, they get mad, they appologize, they fogive and it's done. No such luck with adults. You play, everybody gets mad, they bring all your friends into it, lawyers get involved, nobody appologizes, you're in a house with no furniture, you're broke and pissed.
Even when you appologize, they don't forgive. If they do, they don't remember. It shouldn't be forgive and forget. It should be forgive and remember.
I'm trying the forgive and remember. It's hard.
2008 is gonna be MY YEAR. It's got to be easier than this one.

1 comment:

New at this said...

Jeannie, there are those of us that love and adore you no matter what! Yes, no matter what! I may have only been physically able to attend small group for the first and last sessions, however, since the first group, you have been my family. My sister in Christ. I am committed to my relationship with you because I love you. You are one of those people that I admire for being real. Nope, no faking it with you. That is what I LIKE about you. You do NOT pretend to be something that you are not. That is a gift, my friend. For those of us that have been pretending to be what we think we are supposed to be (for years), and finally after a meltdown we decide it is time to just BE - and we have to learn how to just be- it is refreshing to meet someone that can just be. THANK YOU for being my inspiration. Thank you for being my group leader and getting out of your comfort zone to do God's work. Do not let the bullies in your life try to use guilt to leverage you to do something you do not want to do. You just keep on being you and know that is enough. You asked for forgiveness, Jesus forgave you before you were even born. I know I know I know it that God put you in my life for a reason. My family loves you (and my 4 year old is a good barometer of people) - you are genuine, you are real, and I applaud you for being that way. Keep it up! You are an inspiration to me.